Monday, August 8, 2016

Sawyer Mae is 10 months old!

This month was, by far, my favorite. Sawyer is showing so much personality these days and she is just so much fun.
This month has been crazy. We bought a house. We wanted to do "a couple things" before we moved in, and that has turned out to be quite the undertaking. Matt has been doing everything himself (pretty much) so we don't get to see him very much. It's a shame because I feel like every day I have something else to tell him about what Sawyer is up to. We moved out of the townhouse we were renting and into Matt's parent's house while Matt finishes up our house. We should be able to move in  in the next couple of weeks.
This month Sawyer had her 9 month wellness check. She is in the 97th percentile for height, 85th for weight and head is at a steady 84th percentile. We have no idea where that came from. Every time she gets checked up I expect to see smaller numbers, that make more sense, but every month they seem to go up.
This month we have been experimenting in solid foods. She will eat just about anything (especially things she finds on the floor). It has gotten to the point where no one can eat in front of her unless you plan on sharing. She can be across the room, see you sit down with food and she will speed crawl over, stand right next to you and cry until you give her a bite. Heaven help us all when there is no more, she gets so mad. She will do this even if I JUST fed her. If there is food to be eaten, she wants in!
One of the best things to happen this month is she finally started taking decent naps. She has never been a good napper. I could practically set a timer. She'd sleep for 30 minutes max 2 or 3 times a day. She was always happy and didn't act "tired" but still, Momma needs her alone time! We went on vacation at the end June, and ever since then she's been a champ. Her nap schedule depends on when she wakes up in the morning. It goes like this, If she wakes up in the middle of the night, she'll usually wake up around 7:00 am, take a nap around 11 for about 2.5 hours and that will be it for the day. If she sleeps through the night she'll normally wake up around 5:30, take a 2 hour nap around 8 and then another 2-2.5 hour nap in the afternoon. I LOVE it. Her naps are usually when I eat... sometimes you just want to eat all of your food, by yourself.

This month she has learned to clap, wave and kiss. She is now afraid of the blow dryer, blender and vacuum. She is a champ in her car seat and more often than not will fall asleep in it. She talks all the time and it's so fun to listen to. I just wonder what she thinks she's saying. She dances, stands on her own and is SO close to walking. I told Matt that I guarantee she's walking within a week of being in the new house. She just didn't have room in our town-home and I didn't want her to practice on the hard stone floors.


Sawyer is just  a happy little girl and she'll go to just about anyone (especially if you have jewelry or accessories that she can play with) I take her to the gym with me and I'm always a little nervous about how she'll do in the day care, but every day I go the girls are so happy to see her and when I pick her up after my workout they tell me she was great.

She has three teeth and three more that are right about to poke through. Her two front middle teeth and her left fang have been toying with us for weeks, but now I can see that they are right at the edge of the gums.

She also figured out the awesomeness of binkies. Just in the last week she has started using one and it has been awesome. She always cries when her bottle is gone, but now I just pop that binky in and all is right in the world again. Plus she looks so dang cute.

I just can't believe she is 10 months old already. I started panicking a bit when I realized that I have a birthday party to plan soon. I'm not the greatest hostess, and I'm certainly not a great planner. We'll probably just do something small, but still, it's something I have to think about now.

Sawyer is just so fun and I absolutely LOVE this age. It is so fun to watch her grow and figure things out. She just lights up our life.
 And so begins the month of snuggliness
 On July 9th, Isla Kristie Bowman was born, aka Sawyer's best friend. Ben has been Matt's best friend since they were about 14

 No, she's not already addicted to electronics, she just loves to see her reflection
 Always needs to be right up next to us. More often than not, she'll pull herself to standing and just hold on to us
 Also loves to play in Daddy's closet. She found his hygiene bag and LOVES to brush her teeth
 And sometimes she traps herself. I did not do this to her
 She would pull herself to standing and then let go, she likes to practice.
Morning snuggles
 She's never really taken a binky before so she didn't quite know what to do with it.
 She figured it out.
 Daddy has been working on our house so much that these moments were few and far between. Sawyer sure loves her daddy.
Gosh I love her.



No comments:

Post a Comment