Monday, September 21, 2015

Dreams

First my 38 week update.
At my appointment on the 8th, my doctor told me I was dilated to a 2 and 70% effaced. He told me his best guess would be that I would go into labor in the next 10-14 days. (He also said I could go another 4 weeks, but that was his guess)
That night I freaked out a bit. I thought I had another 3.5 weeks to get things in order and now that time had been cut in half. I knew it wasn't certain, but that I needed to be prepared. We got the car seat set up. I got my work-from-home stuff all taken care of (including Matt building me a desk and making an office for me) and the dreams started. Not dreams about having a baby, but dreams about getting work stuff all settled.
At my appointment last week, I hadn't progressed hardly at all, so the 10-14 days began again. At first I was frustrated. I was totally fine waiting until my due date and even after, as is typical for a first child, but now I had this time frame that I was becoming settled on. Realizing that that wasn't likely going to happen was disappointing.
Right now I am at day 13 of that original appointment and my next appointment is on Thursday.
I'm officially due next week, which is so weird to say.
I am now getting back into the mindset that it probably won't happen before my due date. I just don't FEEL like I'm right on the cusp. I feel fine. In fact someone at work told me they didn't think I was going to go into labor soon because, "I just look too good" she said, "You have to have ONE ugly day". That was an ego boost. Honestly, that's how I feel. I feel good. I feel like I should feel worse right before I deliver so I don't think it's going to happen this week. Maybe next.
I've had so many friends that are pregnant with their first and I've just been marking them off as my day gets closer. The last friend that was due before me had her baby on Sunday morning.

That brings me to my original topic.
My whole life I have had very detailed dreams. Whether they are good or bad they are VERY detailed. They could be movies. I remember when I lived in Hawaii with my best friend Bree almost every morning she'd wake up and ask me what I dreamt about. Matt used to do the same thing when we were first married.
Of the dreams that I've had there have been a few that were/are very special to me and I don't think they are "just dreams". I've also had some dreams that have come true and that is what I wanted to talk about today.
I remember having a dream one time of my brother Nolan holding a baby on his lap. He and his wife didn't have any children at the time. I called him the next morning and said, "Are you guys having a baby?" He laughed and said, "not that I know of" and then I told him about my dream. No thinking anything of it really. A couple of months later, the day before Christmas Eve I had another dream. That they announced they were pregnant Christmas morning, that they were pregnant the first time I called them, but they wanted it to be a surprise. When they got into town that night I told them and we all laughed it off. Christmas morning, they announced they were pregnant, and told me they found out that first day I called them.

Last month right before Matt and I left for Utah for my baby shower I had a dream about my friend Kelly. She and I had been playing phone tag (in real life) for days and in the dream she was announcing, via facebook, that she was pregnant. I was so mad because I figured that's why she was trying to call me in the first place and I was bummed that we never got a hold of each other and that this was how I was finding out. That Saturday at my baby shower she told me she was pregnant.

Lastly, my last friend that is due before me was due this coming Wednesday. Her doctor also told her that she'd be early so I've been watching, not so patiently, keeping tabs on how she was. Every day she didn't deliver made me feel like I had longer to wait.
Friday night I had a dream just of her posting a picture holding her baby in the hospital. You know, that first "baby and me" picture.
As soon as I woke up I told Matt about it, in case she did go into labor.
That night they posted a picture of her at the hospital with the caption "it's go time" and their sweet baby boy was born the next morning.

Apparently there is a theme with the dreams that actually come true, they are about people's babies. Now, if only I could have a dream about having mine, that'd be swell.

Getting prepared for baby. The watermelon made it home safe and sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment