Friday, May 13, 2016

7 months!

Sawyer Mae is 7 months old (as of May 8th)
Its amazing how much she develops each month. They go by so fast, but she learns and changes so much.
Right now she's working on getting her upper teeth to poke out. This has done a NUMBER on our sleeping schedule. She used to sleep a solid 10 hours every night, but her naps suffered. I remember talking to Matt and telling him I'd rather her wake up once or twice a night but have good solid naps during the day. Putting her back to sleep at night is a pretty quick process. She must have understood me because that's exactly what happened. She started waking up in the night but she started taking two good naps a day. Now she wakes up at night AND doesn't want to nap. So... awesome.
I will say though, whenever she wakes up, be it at night or after a nap, when I go into her room to get her she gets so excited to see me. I love that.
I started giving her baby good pretty consistently now (one meal a day usually). She loves it. She devours her baby food pretty quickly. One container would normally hold her over for about an hour and a half, but I noticed that she never turns her head when I feed her (to show she doesn't want anymore) I'd just give her one container and call it good. Last night I decided to give her a second container. She ate it right up. Little chunker.
For Mother's Day this last weekend, we went to Utah. My family hasn't seen her (in person) since she was about 2 and a half months old. She has changed so much and I was excited to show her off. My parents kept commenting on what a happy baby she is. We'd put her on the ground in the family room and she'd just play for hours.
She does so well around other people. Almost everyone that she meets she'll let hold her (for a while) and she'll smile and be happy, even if she sees me standing there. The only time she wasn't that way was when I took her to my office on my last day. I think she knows they were keeping me from her during the day and she was showing her disdain.
She babbles all the time and I just wonder what she thinks she's saying.
We just love our little girl and we feel so blessed to be her parents.

Likes
Watching people eat, it fascinates her
Baths (still)
Momma's singing
Daddy playing with her
Baby food
Her walker
LOVES the little baby in the mirror and babies in general
Running water

Dislikes
sitting still for diaper changes
sitting still at all
being forced to sit still
bananas

 Early morning with Daddy (she always plays with her ears)
 This was a thing for a while
 Just watching her show
 Mmm Green Beans

 If I ever lay on my stomach, it's not long before she is crawling all over me
 again
 practicing walking with Daddy
 First time in a swing, and wearing flip flops 
 Big girl in a high chair
 When you're sick, you can play with Momma's draw string (and completely pull it out)
 Again, this is also her newest expression
 Cute baby in the mirror
 Flying to Utah, that huge dude next to Matt was just in love with Sawyer
 Jennie, trying to solidify her "favorite Aunt" title
 Mother's Day with my parents

Sawyer Mae, 7 months old.

No comments:

Post a Comment