Thursday, November 20, 2014

Winter Vacation

So, in my single days, I got in the habit of going on a nice warm vacation every winter. I started in 2008 with a cruise to the Western Carribbean, 2009 cruise to the Mexican Riviera with my friend Sayward, 2010 cruise to Cabo (This one was free, I was singing, kind of a big deal) 2011 Malaysia, 2012 cruise to Eastern Carribbean, and later Maui, 2013 Cruise to Western Carribbean again.
I moved to Arizona in March of 2013, and you might think it's warm enough, no need to go on a tropical winter vacation, and I didn't (mainly because I was planning a wedding).
In May Matt and I got married and went to Maui on our honeymoon. It was THE BEST!!! A week of it just being us, doing whatever we wanted to do, getting nice and tan. The only problem was, I was so excited to be married (finally) that I just wanted to get home and have it be real life. Hawaii is always awesome, but it wasn't real life until we went home.
I remember thinking, almost wishing we would have waited a bit to go on our honeymoon. Take a weekend, sure, but come home, start real life and once we're settled, after a few months, go on a nice big vacation then.

Welp, friends, we've been married for 6 months, it's getting colder (I know, it's arizona and still 60's and 70's but I'M COLD) and I reaaaaally could use that vacation right about now.

No comments:

Post a Comment